Page Tabs

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Digital Irony

So I bought a Kindle with my birthday money and received it in the mail yesterday.  Check out this assortment of customer uploaded pictures here.

I debated back and forth on whether or not I should get one because I have concerns with so much digital culture.  Of course there is a lot that can be affirmed about the technology, too. 

At the end of day one, I predict that I will enjoy the device very much.  In celebration of purchasing the Kindle I want to pass along two bits of digital irony:
  1. The very first book I plan to read on my Kindle is entitled You are Not a Gadget by Jaron Lanier.  I know nothing about the book except the title and it caught my attention one day parousing Barnes and Noble.  I have some thoughts stewing in my mind that I hope this book might shed light on.  And then maybe one day I will share them on my blog.
  2. I find it incredibly humorous that there is a Kindle version of a book entitled Bookbinding and the Care of Books: A Handbook for Amateurs, Bookbinders & Librarians
Periodically, I plan on blogging about my personal observations and insights into my digital reading.

Related posts:
Recent thoughts about the Kindle (posted March 19, 2010)
Stuff that Caught My Eye (posted May 16, 2010).  Really the first two links are related to today's post.

[Picture taken from a customer who uploaded it to Amazon]

No comments:

Post a Comment