- a lot of people live and work in the city; then add tourists to the mix (no-brainer #1)
- I quickly noticed how many people were engaged in conversations with other people. People were walking and talking, talking on park benches, standing at street corners talking. My initial, stereo-typed picture of New Yorkers with their heads down and ears plugged with an ipod was crushed. Granted, further south towards mid-town and the financial district you get more of the isolated individual swimming amongst the other thousands of people, but the neighborhoods are really unique and charming.
- Public transit was easy and convenient
- There were so many cool places to eat
- the buildings are really tall (no-brainer #2)
- Living in NYC is expensive (no-brainer #3)
- NYorkers adopt a minimalist lifestyle in order to live in the city; I want to strive for this more and more
- If I lived in NYC, I would visit the NY Public Library, the Met, and/or somekind of museum once a week
- And yes, The Lion King was brilliant!
Monday, August 24, 2009
We are back from our vacation in New York City. It was a blast. Here are some observations:
Posted by P.D. Mayfield at 4:36 PM