Page Tabs

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On this day...well on the day of my birth

As of this morning I am an uncle. My middle sister gave birth to a boy! I am pretty pumped. In honor of birth dates, I typed my birth date into Wolfram Alpha and got some of these results:
From the time of this post in reference to my birth date...
  • I am 27 yrs, 9 monts, 13 days (10148 days old)
  • share the same birth date as Johnny Carson (which I already knew), Weird Al Yankovic (which I didn't), Doug Flutie, Dwight Yoakam to name a few
  • the sun rose at 7:19 am (as of St. Louis...I was born in Kansas so it was close to that)
  • it was a Friday
I just share this because I thought it was kind of cool. Wolfram Alpha is a "computational knowledge engine." I have only played around on it a couple of times. The most extensive use of it was the other day when I was looking for rhyming words for a little poem I wrote to my wife.

Check it out and enjoy perusing all the possibilities of time-wasting, useless information...exactly the kind I like. I'm sure some of it is useful...my wife loved the poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment