- Write a letter to your state representative (I say this one because I have never done it, and I cynically believe it won't make a difference. Two to three generations ago this happened all the time. Maybe one day I will do this).
- Decrease your digital intake.
- It is still February, which means it is Black History month. Next time you are in a public place, shake a black person's hand (especially an older person who has witnessed much of the Civil Rights struggles) and tell them, "Isn't it wonderful that you (if you are white) and I can be in the same line/building/restaurant/other location?!"
- Anonymously leave a grocery store gift card in a friend's mailbox.
- Instead of telling your pastor how good (or bad) the sermon was, ask him how the gospel is shaping his life today.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Good morning to you! Weekly brainstorm:
Posted by P.D. Mayfield at 8:57 AM